Autism Eye, media partner of The Autism Show and Autism Learns, offers in-depth, independent and useful information for parents and professionals.
Autism Eye is edited by Gillian Loughran and its publisher is Gillian’s husband, Mark Hayes. Not only are they both award-winning magazine editors and writers with years of experience in the UK publishing business, but they are also the parents of Finn, their beloved son, who has autism.
Autism Eye was borne out of the frustration that Gillian and Mark felt about the lack of useful and unbiased information for parents of children with ASD. Although the couple have tried a variety of interventions that have helped improve their son’s life, they found it harder than it should have been to make proper, informed judgements about how to treat their child’s autism. There has been little in-depth, rigorous coverage available about therapies and educational interventions.
Autism Eye aims to change that scenario by keeping parents informed about the best treatments for their child – and to help them avoid the worst.
Autism Eye offers free digital subscriptions here: www.autismeye.com/subscribe/ and will feature The Autism Show: Webinar Week in their summer issue, which will be available to view here: www.autismeye.com/digital-edition/.
- all major conditions (such as autism, ADHD, dyslexia, cerebral palsy and Down’s syndrome)
- mental health
- literacy and numeracy
- visual and hearing impairments
- teaching children with special educational needs
- general issues of education, care and government legislation
- manual handling
- special schools and mainstream schools
- CPD, training and events listings
- what’s new: latest products and ideas from the world of SEN